Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News From the Home Front

4 posters

Go down

News From the Home Front Empty News From the Home Front

Post  Admin Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:49 pm

Just when you think it can't get more strange. Wait another day.

Please understand this is not Face Book release.

It is by agreement with my lovely wife that I keep all mention of her from that forum. I have invited her to do many things with the forums but she has no interest and doesn't really understand what my fascination with it is. So, she allows me to spend my time talking with friends here and across the globe. So, in that vain, please keep all conversations about family here within. Thanks!!!

Yan is loving her job and loving learning to drive (only went on the curb once so far) and tonight was her first attempt at dealing with red lights. She still hasn't gotten the "drive in a straight line" thing down, tends to road walk a little. (I think we scared the crap out of someone when they tried to go by on the right side and she sort of kinda went that way... picture me screaming NO NO NO... ), BUT we made it home.

Now for the rest of the story,.... Again, no FB posting, I may do it later...

I have been offered a contract to teach in GZ for the next year. I don't know if they will follow through or not. We have been tossing emails back and forth for about 3 months. I have sent tons of documentation to them and they indicate that they are waiting for the govt to send the proper documentation to them so they can send it to me. (They are offering 6K+ rmb after taxes with 95% of the room and board taken care of.)

The bottom line is that there is a possibility that I will be in GZ before the 10th of Sept.

Yan is worried but excited about the whole thing. I have asked her dozens of times for her thoughts and she has said "Go" more than I have. (Humm, what does that tell me... )

We have been working through the thought process and right now it is waiting to see if they are going to send the "Please give this guy a visa so he can come and teach for us." documents.

I will keep everyone posted.
Blessings to all.
Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

News From the Home Front Empty Re: News From the Home Front

Post  premington Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:54 pm

Wow... This is exciting new, Clif--Congrats! I'm anticipating everything will turn out well for you. Keep us all posted on how things develop.

Where in GZ would/will you be teaching?

BTW: Hu Yue feels the same as Yan. She knows about the forum and has no interest in it, but she doesn't mind me talking to everyone about most things. She knows all of you have helped us in one way or another over the years, so she respects all of you.

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Paul, to the best of my knowledge the school is in south central GZ. Can't get a good reading on it from Google Maps.

Still waiting for the final documentation. Sort of like waiting for GZ to do something with the visa... Wait, it's exactly the same. HA...

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danming Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:54 am

My wife is like a flower taken from a garden....While she is beautiful in every way by herself she is even more beautiful in the garden where she came from.....Someday I will take my flower back to the garden she came from.....I know it is the right thing to do.
Danming
Danming

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:09 am

what a really nice thing to say.

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

News From the Home Front Empty NEWS FROM THE HOME FRONT

Post  docmyster Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:35 am

Danming, that was very poetic what you said about your wife.
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down