Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess I'm a Senior

3 posters

Go down

Guess I'm a Senior Empty Guess I'm a Senior

Post  Dieselrat6 Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 am

5 years in China has taught me at least something.!!!

Last June 1 coming back to Nanning via Beijing I read the newspaper!!...Yes!!...I saw that rules for Foreigners married to a Chinese woman and also Relatives of a Chinese Citizen could now be elevated above Tourist Status.As I needed an extension of my stay I of course applied for this new Status resulting in that I'm now a Resident of China.We must be honest here!!...the difference is not very far from before!...You get a One Year Residence Permit if below 60 years of age..otherwise 2 years.Why do you think this is important to ME!!??....as I said!!...ABOVE Tourist Status!!!!!

This RP is in reality the same as a Tourist Visa with the exception that you have the freedom to travel Domestically and Abroad without reporting to the Local Police Station It's a Multiple Entry.Also it's a lot Cost saving since it's only done once a year(in my case being a Junior)...No need to Exit and come back for a 30-60 or 90 day stay.There is a Bonus in this!!.You are requiered to go through a Very thorough Medical Examination at 290 Rmb.This Medical Results are then given to you in a little cute Red Book for International Travel.It's written both in Chinese and English.

All those things above apply if you are:
MARRIED
SHE HAS A HUKOU here
YOU HAVE A REGISTERED ADRESS here

Living in One place with Documents from another just makes you a Migrant Worker

ONE exception!!..if you CoOwn an apartment together with a wife with Hukou somewhere else it's still possible but not guaranteed...Entry/Exit PSB have the Sole Right to decide!!

Dieselrat6

Back to top Go down

Post  docmyster Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Kent,

You are right on the new law. Shu has alreay told me that when I come back this October, we can apply for my residence status upgrade, now that we are married and have a registered address.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Guess I'm a Senior Empty Re: Guess I'm a Senior

Post  Dieselrat6 Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Good Snyder

My info is not in vain then!!...only tried to tell Overseas guys what to expect

Best regards to both of you...sorry I missed the big occasion

Dieselrat6

Back to top Go down

Post  Danming Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:39 am

Very much appreciated information Kent....and Doc.....Danming
Danming
Danming

Back to top Go down

Post  docmyster Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:32 pm

Kent,

Thanks!

You did not miss anything because we got married in Shenyang, Liaoning province, which is NE China bordering North Korea. We got married at the marriage bureau. We are still planning to do the big Chinese traditional wedding and banquet Fall of 2011, and we will be sending out invitations. So stay tuned.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum