Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xian or Chengdu or...?

4 posters

Go down

Xian or Chengdu or...? Empty Xian or Chengdu or...?

Post  danny Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 am

Hello. I was talking to my Lao Po last night. She asked me where I would like to visit on my next trip to China. She mentioned Chengdu and Xian. I did some research on Chengdu. It sounds like that is a rather large city. It even has some kinda of American Cosnsulate there. Also it has factories for aviation and elctronics and other products. It sound like a interesting place to visit. Xian is famous for the Terra Cotte Warriors and also because it is a walled city. I wonder what other things are there to see or do. Are there other better places to visit ( if the we only have time and money to visit one place)? What do you think?

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Xian or Chengdu or...? Empty Re: Xian or Chengdu or...?

Post  Admin Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:22 am

I was talking with one of my workmates today who lives about 6 hours by train from Xi'an and lives in the Chengdu area. From what she said and from what I know about Xi'an it is my first choice by far. I am already making plans to go there. I will spend at least a thousand frames on the place. At least.

That's my thoughts.
Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kilnman Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:51 am

Danny---do Xian first. There is also a large, nice park in the city, plus an evening show on water. ( or at least so a couple of years ago). Take a downtown tour on the 3-wheelers---pretty neat and they will go slow to allow you to see many things. Also tour the Drum tower and the Bell tower. They are ancient and very interesting. Also visit an outdoor display of very ancient stones with Chinese writings on them.

Good luck

Steve(kilnman)

Kilnman

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have seen some photo's of Chengdu. It looks like a pretty big modern city. I thnk my Lao Po would probably enjoy Chengdu more. But I think I would like Xi'ian more.

I think Brian had posted some pictures of Chengdu. They wre very interesting to look at. Perhaps one day my photo taking skills will improve.

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Xian or Chengdu or...? Empty Xian or Chengdu or...?

Post  docmyster Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:17 am

If you are into modernization, industrial development, etc., then definitely Chengdu. It was one of the provinces that has been earmarked for more development where the automotive and railway industry is booming in that region, as well, and now railway manufacturers in China are becoming the lead internationally.

If you are into ancient history and intrigue of new discoveries, archeaology, ancient cultures, etc., then Xi'an is the place. Terra Cotta Soldiers is a must to see. Xi'an is on top of my list of places to see in China.

If, you are on a budget, then I recommend Suzhou and visiting old town and the many museums, the water city behind the walls and taking a trip to Zhouzhuang, another water city one hour away from Suzhou.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum