Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nanhu lake

2 posters

Go down

Nanhu lake Empty Nanhu lake

Post  danny Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi guys, How is it going? I have a question about what is under Nanhu Lu? I heard that there is a tunnel running underneath it now. And maybe it openned up around the Chinese New Years? Any more details? Is it true? Where does it come up and also connect to? Thanks for any info and or any Photo's if possible.

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Nanhu lake Empty Re: Nanhu lake

Post  Admin Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:06 am

Hey Danny, yes, it is true. I was on a bus riding by when it happened. The opening party. did not get any pictures of the event. But it is open. It is East of the bridge that you can walk across the lake.

Take care.

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks for the answer ,Cliff. I hope things are going well for you in China. I was a bit surprise last night when I got an email last night telling me that the tunnel did exist. I was told that the entrance is very near/ on Xin Hu Lu the Computer street. The email said that other end is near Qingshan Mt. Park. It will be interesting to check the tunnel out the next time I visit Nanning. Nanning is slowly( ??) changing. Talk of tunnels, gateways, Subways, new development, etc, It is difficult to keep up with the changes, especial when I live halfway around the world. I appreciate the info.

Danny

PS, Cliff,You said the entrance is on the east side of the lake? Is that the side with the kiddy arcade and the Chinese restaurant? Were there any other changes you noticed in Nanning on your last visit?

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 pm

I just found this artcle/photo:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From the photo I can't really figure out where the darn thing is. Can anyone see any landmarks that most should recognize?

Xinhu lu is the computer street, right?

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Danny, I looked at the map of Nanhu lake and see if this picture makes any sense. It's the first time I have tried to use an image. We will see how it works.

Thanks.
Clif
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:15 am

Hi Clif, The google photo helps a lot. I am fairly familar with the area near the footbridge area ( the area near the upper left red arrow) in your photo. The other end I am not so familar with but I now have a good general idea of the location. It will be interesting to take a trip by car thru the tunnel on my next trip to Nanning.

danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum