Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airline questions

3 posters

Go down

Airline questions Empty Airline questions

Post  danny Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:43 am

Hi there. I hope everyone had a good Easter.

I was looking at the prices of airline tickets from the states to the China. They are a bit scary. Looks like the prices are a bit high. I am trying to keep the price down by flying out of New York to a major airport in China. Which city do you all think the price would be best to fly into? After getting to that main city I will see if I am able get a good (cheap) domestic price seperate for a flight to Nanning, if it will save me some money. So far the best choices I seem to have are Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong or surprisingly Shenzhen. What factors should I consider? Any other better options. I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Danny

Last edited by danny on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

danny

Back to top Go down

Airline questions Empty Re: Airline questions

Post  RandyW Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:19 am

The shortest flight from New York to China goes over the North Pole to Beijing.

Also, check your connection times. When I flew through Hong Kong, it was a longer flight, followed by a longer layover (overnight at Hong Kong) to connect to Nanning. I don't know about Shanghai and Shenzhen, but Beijing would probably have the best connections (a few hours for a flight to Nanning, but better than overnight).
RandyW
RandyW

http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob S Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:55 am

Danny Randy is correct with his post Beijing offers best conections. I have flown thru HKG took the ferry to Shenzen then flight Shenzen to Nanning. Don't feel bad wife and I are waiting for the electronic processing to be completed at NVC. As soon as she get's her interview date I'm buying a one way ticket to go be with her for interview. Two weeks ago from IAH to NNG was about $1,000 now it's up to $1,300+. Roger will be helping with the return tickets for us to USA. Best advice is keep checking everyday all day long and be prepared to buy when you do find a good price the prices constantly change.

Bob S.
Bob S
Bob S

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks for the replies.

Randy, I see you point about the overnight stay. I guess I am trying to balance the cost vs time and to a lesser degree ( easilibilty). I kinda feel squeezed going either way.

Bob is that $1000 for a one way ticket? Ouch, but I am feeling your pain. Round trip will be overall a little cheaper but not without their issues. I am using two diffferent sites to check for prices. One is a travel agency named Paciasia and the other is ITA, an airline travel help site. I am getting prices like 1500-1600 dollars from NYC to Nanning for travel a month or so from now. The prices are definitely climbing.

Using the Pasiasia site I found a flight from NYC to Beijing for about $1050.
Using the Paciasia site I found a flight from NYC to Shenzhen for about $1050.
Using the Pacifisia site I found some flights from NYC to Hong Kong for $837, $927, and $1093. The $837 flight is stopping over in Narita, Japan. If I go this route then I will have to find a domestic flight either from Shenzhen or Hong Kong or Beijing. I will have to crunch the numbers and see if it worth the extra efforts. The Paciasia site prices ( out of Florida) are better but sometime the flight are not available for the quoted price. The lady there is a nice lady.

Danny

Bob, using the ITA site I just found a flight going one way leaving on the May 20 on Singapore Air for $816 but I had to put a departure date for May 18th. Strange or quirky!!

Last edited by danny on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and additional comment.)

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down