Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO EVERYONE

4 posters

Go down

WELCOME TO EVERYONE  Empty WELCOME TO EVERYONE

Post  Admin Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:25 pm

I want to take a moment to welcome all the new people who have signed up lately.

Please take a moment and look at the rules, there aren't many. Also, please fill in the profile so we can know where you currently are.

Thanks tons and welcome. Please feel free to post any wonderful or nightmare stories you have in the personal section.

Blessings to all.

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

WELCOME TO EVERYONE  Empty Re: WELCOME TO EVERYONE

Post  Dennis143 Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks, Clif. And, hello everyone. I'm a newb here. But, not so new to China, Guangxi. My wife of 5 years is from Nanning, so having a site devoted to that beautiful city gives me an instant affinity to everyone here. Many years ago (over 5), when I first embarked on my journey to meet a Nanning woman, I found Rob's Nanning site. I spent some time there trying to gain some insight...trying to learn just a bit about China, Nanning and what I was getting myself into...seems so long ago now. Anyway, it's so nice to find this site and find that it's devoted, once again, to south China and in particular Nanning and Guangxi.

I bit about me...I live in SoCal in a city that is among the largest population of Chinese in the United States. Not so sure that's a good thing, as my wife. after living here since 2001, is still not proficient in English. I still need to talk "baby talk" to her in order for her to understand. If it wasn't for me, she'd never have to speak English. Yet, we are devoted to each other unlike any couple could ever be. Everything we do, we do for US. I have never regretted my choice to seek a Chinese woman for my wife. It's been challenging, interesting, fascinating, and always different (in a good way).

I hope that in time that I can get to know and hopefully meet other Clif's members where we can form a band of Nanning brothers.

Dennis (and Leiqin)

PS Wife will be returning to Nanning this December for a month. I will join her the last two weeks of the month (my fifth trip to China) maybe, we can meet up. Laughing

Dennis143

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks for the info and for sharing. Please share as often as you want. About anything you find interesting. We always love to hear.

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

WELCOME TO EVERYONE  Empty WELCOME TO EVERYONE

Post  docmyster Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the forum.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  G/Y Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi Clif!
Thanks for this forum!
As word gets out there will be more returning and new members as well.

Hi Dennis!

I am likely not too far from you.
I am close enough to take the wife to shop in the Chinese community, but our neigbors are English speakers. The daughter has really picked up English, these last three years. But, like you, my wife is not proficient in English, nor I in Chinese.

It can be difficult at times to communicate, but I have never regretted taking a Nanning lady for my wife. She brings me great joy each day.

Hopefully, we will be back in Nanning next year, after I retire, to visit family there.

Again, Thank you Clif for bring back the Nanning group here.

Gary and Yanyu

G/Y

Back to top Go down

Post  Dennis143 Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 pm

Thank you for the welcomes, Snyder and Gary.

Leiqin and I look forward to the day when we can all meet. Very Happy

Dennis143

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum