Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Out There?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone Out There? Empty Anyone Out There?

Post  premington Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello All!

Wow... I can't believe it's been well over a YEAR and no one has posted anything?  Amazing!

Some might remember the Nanning Forum of old, the one that went up in smoke a few years back.  What a shame... Was hoping perhaps this forum would pick up where that one left off, but it hasn't taken off, for some reason.  We all had so much to talk about, back in the day.  A nice brotherhood of brothers (and some sisters, too).

BTW: I still have a Zip file of Rob's Nanning Forum, before Frank took it over and it met its unfortunate demise.  The archive I have from Rob's forum is almost 10-years old now.  Amazing how time flies!  Pretty interesting to read all those old posts.  I might be the only one who cares, but if anyone is interested in reading all the old threads, just let me know.

When Rob closed his forum, a long time ago, I had aspirations of porting its content over to another forum and taking it over, assigning others to manage areas.  That's how I acquired this archive. I didn't have the time or interest to manage it, but did want it to remain open.  Certain others went BALLISTIC at the thought of me "stealing" the forum, so I ditched the idea.  Then Frank and his followers started it, abandoning Rob's old content, which I have here.

The rest is history. Crying or Very sad

Hope all is well with all you silent readers.  Now break your silence and POST! Very Happy

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Anyone Out There? Empty Re: Anyone Out There?

Post  danny Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:14 am

Paul,   Paul,   Yo hoo I am over here.  Smile   I haven't here for a while.  I miss the old forums.  In ways I wish they still around.  I hope you and your family doing are well.  One son, right?  Must be 6 or 8 by now.  What have you heard about Nanning recently?  Do you know they have high speed trains going to and from them now.  And the first part of subway system is opened now.  10 stops I believe,  Runs from the old Walmart area/downtown to the Nanhu area I think.  It has a couple of years since I have been to Nanning.  Okay.  Time to go.  Take care. and have a great summer.  Danny

PS There is a tunnel underneath Nanhu Lu. Ah I miss Nanning!!

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  premington Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 am

Hey there, Danny!  Nice to hear from you again. Very Happy

Yes... One son, and he'll be 5 in a few weeks.  Wow... Time flies!

Nanning... My wife and son went for two months last year.  I stayed behind... Working stiff.  Hated being in the empty nest, but they had a good time.  They stayed in Nanning for about a month, then headed to my wife's home town, Changba, which is outside Chong Qing.  My son didn't like it.  They went in June to August and it was brutally hot in Nanning and Chong Qing.  You know how those girls are... gotta stay out of the evil sun, lest their skin gets dark. Shocked  So my son had no one to play with and was stuck indoors most of the time.  All adults all the time, so he was bored.

Nanning is still growing.  It had been seven years since my wife had been there, and she didn't recognize some areas, they had built them up so much.  The area where her home was before was new when she left and came to America.  Now it's all built up and totally unrecognizable, except for the building she lived in.  Amazing growth.  When I was there in 2007, the city was "a sea of cranes."  There are still cranes all around.

But from what she tells me, the city is still beautiful, the food fantastic, and she loved visiting there.  I hope to get back there again sometime soon.

I remember that WalMart.  We shopped there a few times when I was there.  Hu Yue did tell me about the high-speed train and subway, but I'm not sure if she rode them.  Very nice to hear they've added that to the city.

Hope all is well with all of you, Danny.  Thanks for the reply.  I think we're the only two here! Laughing

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Anyone Out There? Empty CFL and Facebook

Post  RandyW Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:54 am

C'mon on by to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or the Facebook Nanning and China Forum, where most of this group migrated to. Clif's been sick lately, but is still a regular poster on Facebook.
RandyW
RandyW

http://www.chinafamilyvisa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum