Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings Brothers & Others!

+2
Admin
premington
6 posters

Go down

Greetings Brothers & Others! Empty Greetings Brothers & Others!

Post  premington Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Ni hao everyone! :-)

Glad to see a home for all of us. I hope more people hop on board and we get a nice selection of brothers and sisters to share in discussions and information.

The logical question is, what happened to the Nanning Forum to cause it to go down for good? I'll peruse other posts for an answer... Sorry if it's already been answered. Either way, I just wanted to post a hello to everyone and I hope all are doing well.

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Greetings Brothers & Others! Empty Re: Greetings Brothers & Others!

Post  Admin Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Hey Paul,
The answer has not been posted because there really isn't one. The only thing I have heard is that it went down and it wasn't because of hackers.

Anyway, welcome and hope you and the family are doing well.

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Paul, welcome to this site. It is good to see you posting here. You can go to the old site and read the notice of the old site closing. I guess it doesn't speak of why it went down but spoke more of why it wasn't going to get a rebirth. It was a great site. I think that C.Rob, RATR , Frank, and Sly did a great job with it ( them). It help me and probably many more guys learn and share our experiences about Nanning and China. I will truly miss it.
It is a good thing that Clif started this site. I wish him the best of luck with it. It is good to see some of the old members joining this site.

Danny

BTW, I also heard that the reason the old forum went down was not because of a hacker.

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  premington Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks Dan... Nice to chat with you again also.

Yes, I read the blurb on the old site, but it's rather vague and doesn't go into much explanation. It doesn't even state who wrote it, if I remember correctly. It's sad to see the site go down. I have fond memories of it when it was part of Rob's Nanning Site. For me, it was its best back then for a number of reasons. It's just too bad it suffered over time and met its eventual demise.

Hopefully what Clif started here will stick. It's all about the people, really. We don't need glitz and flash, just a place to hang out and chat amongst each other, which is just what he created. I like that he created a few general areas. In time, if it grows, he can expand the site by creating new areas, but for now, it's quite comfortable and a nice little area to visit throughout the day inbetween doing other things at work or at home.

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob S Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Paul I have to agree with you. We don't need the glitz and flash. I feel less is better Clif has started this forum correctly. It is sad we lost the two previous forums and all of the information but life goes on.

Bob S.
Bob S
Bob S

Back to top Go down

Post  steve3643 Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:26 am

Must agree with you all,it is nice that Clif has picked up where the others have failed,for whatever reason,providing people are fairly sensible then i can see this going for the long term.fingers crossed
steve3643
steve3643

Back to top Go down

Greetings Brothers & Others! Empty Glad someone picked up the ball

Post  EricFromNC Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks to Clif for keeping the fire going.
I was totally surprised to see the old one just disappear into the night.

EFNC

EricFromNC

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 pm

I am very selfish my friends. I want a place where we can all come and talk. If I go back to China, now or in the future. I want to still have a place where I can communicate with people here in the states as well as in Nanning or where ever.

This server is solid as far as I know and we are fine here.

I intend to add more info as we go for all things and hope to bring more people on board.

We now have a link to us on the old forum board as well as there is a link to the GB forum.

Any way.

Take care and blessings to all.
Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:10 am

Clif,

You said ".....a link to us on the old forum board as well as there is a link to the GB forum." Where is the GB fourm? Sorry, I just woke up. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 pm

IT'S based in England... GB...
Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum