Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qinzhou Guangxi

3 posters

Go down

Qinzhou Guangxi Empty Qinzhou Guangxi

Post  Casprd Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:41 pm

ANyone been to Qinzhou? Just watched an episode of Travalogue about Qinzhou. Looks pretty interesting but I had never heard or read much about it before. Is it worth a trip next time I'm in Nanning?

Casprd

Back to top Go down

Qinzhou Guangxi Empty Re: Qinzhou Guangxi

Post  Bob S Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:09 am

Wife has family in Qinzhou. Visited there several times with wife's aunt and her family. Did not go around town to check it out. I do know it is a fast growing city new construction everywhere. Each time I have been to China the bus goes thru there on the way to Mama and Baba's house in Wu Li I see the changes.
Bob S
Bob S

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Brian, Is travelogue shown on CCTV? I remember watching a short video clip on Quinzhou a few years ago. It might have been on Travelogue. I think they were talking saying that area was famous for the pottery that they make.

Last night I was surfing the net. They say that there are dolpins that swim in that area. Also it is on the ocean . Perhaps it is a "little" Behai or Sanya.

I think that is another place I will have to put on my list of places I would like to visit.

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob S Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm

They have a big statue on the road of Dolphins when you enter the city. I do know it is a major port city. Just never spent enough time there to see what's there. Allways occupied with family when we stop by there.
Bob S
Bob S

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Bob, Hi bob, ss a port city like FangCheng? That seem to be very industrial. Any idea if there any areas like the beach area in Behai? ( more touristy and night life)

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprd Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah it's the Travelogue show on CCTV. The did show the pottery and I guess it is one of the four famous pottery areas in China. The beach looked a lot cleaner than Siver Beach in Beihai. From the map it looks more like the city is located in a bay. Looks like it is pretty small, but there were quite a few places nearby that were worth a visit. One reminded me of pictures of Deitan falls, but I can't remember the name of the place.

Casprd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum