Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Flickr

4 posters

Go down

From Flickr Empty From Flickr

Post  Casprd Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:10 pm

Ran across this photo set of Nanning on flickr.com. Some great pictures and many places we will all recognize.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Casprd

Back to top Go down

From Flickr Empty Re: From Flickr

Post  danny Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:04 am

Thoses are some nice photo's. Does anyone one know if flicker has slide slide option?

Brian changing the subject just a little. Have you every seen or hear of the Movie, Bian Lian? The reason I asked is that I think part of movie may have scene from Chengdu. You may enjoy watching it. I saw only a small clip of it last year. It showed a large stone statue of a sitting Buddha that I believe is near Chengdu. Bian Lian is a movie about a old master of the art of the Fast Mask changing technique used in the Sichuan opera theatre, who is looking for an apprentice.

Thanks for the link

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprd Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

Yes I have heard of this movie. The english title is The King of Masks. Haven't watched it yet but it is in my netflix. Haven't seen a sitting stone Buddha statue in Chendgu, unless it is the one in Leshan that is about 2 hours away by bus. Or maybe it is one of the carvings in Dazu. I'll have to watch the movie and give an update here.

Yes there is a slide show function. Just above the picture where it says Action. Click on this and one option is Slide Show.

Casprd

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:08 am

Brian , I missed that "action" tab. It makes it a lot easier to view the photos. Thanks for letting me know. Some of those photo really great.

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprd Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:48 am

Checked out some clips from the movie and the buddha statue is in Leshan about 2 hours south of Chengdu. Worth a visit if you ever get to Sichuan. If you haven't seen them already, here is the link to my flickr photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Casprd

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:03 am

Thanks for posting a link to those pictures. I enjoyed looking at them. Also it is a lot easy viewing them using the action tab. Is Chengdu a big city? Bigger than Nanning? Seems to be more westernizated. The women seemed to be dressed in more colorful dresses and the hemlines much shorted.

Danb

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dieselrat6 Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:51 am

Danny and Others

If you want an Alive Forum about Nanning,Guangxi and China you must say MUST forget about Facebook,U-Tube,Flicker or any other "community"

This is of course if you don't want to be (or perhaps really WANT) Isolated Over There

And of course I forgot to mention all Links to other sites....!!!...Why not just say that you read an interesting article and if someone is interested he/she will get in touch via PM

Reading a story means that you make up your mind whether it's reliable,true,false or NOT.....I at least have NEVER asked of other opinions after reading..I either discard it or Remember it for a Debate in the future

Ps...Chengdu is the Provincial Capital of Sichuan....and a LOT bigger than New York and Washington together,,,Ds....also on the World Heritage list due to the Pandas

hehehehe...In Nanning and elsewhere in China women are now walking around TopLess waiting for Huge Westerners to be attracted,,,...didn't you know???

Dieselrat6

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:11 am

Someone said: ......" and the hemlines much shorted."

No comments? jocolor

Danny

Perhaps the comment should have said, "The hemlines on the women were much much shorter, don't you agree? Very interesting!!"

I did notice that the colors of the clothes seemed to be more colorful and more brighter in Chengdu and perhaps a little more westerner style fashions than what you normal see in Nanning. My Lao Po has made a few comments on the lack of a of good varied selection of clothes that are available in Nanning compared to Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Guangzhou. I am not sure. What do you guys think?

danny

Back to top Go down

From Flickr Empty From flickr

Post  docmyster Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:15 pm

I have to agree. I have seen women in Suzhou dress more western style clothing, sexy, though not provacative, and seem to strutt with more confidence about their feminity.

Nanning, I think does not offer a lot of choices in clothing for women.

As for topless, I think it was meant to be said they are not wearing any bras under their blouses. To go exposed topless in public anywhere in China is a big no-no.

In the 4 weeks I was in China recently, I only saw one female that appeared to be bra-less and others that were wearing much shorter tight skirts and high heels, as well as wearing tight tops. Although, in Suzhou it seems to be a common thing, since I've seen this style of dressing in the one year I have been going to Suzhou. This area, like Shanghai, has a lot of western influence, especially French.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum