Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new/old members

4 posters

Go down

new/old members Empty new/old members

Post  steve3643 Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:57 pm

Well it has been a few days and slowly the new members are arriving,hopefullywhen the news gets out they will come flocking in.
Keep up the good work eveyone
steve3643
steve3643

Back to top Go down

new/old members Empty thanks to all

Post  Admin Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks Steve and everyone else for coming in and supporting the site. I am trying to spend a couple of hours a day bringing new info to the forum. If anyone has something they want to add, please do so. Please feel free to post something and I will look at it let you know if there is an issue that may exist.

Thanks
Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.clifdavis.com

Back to top Go down

new/old members Empty Re: new/old members

Post  steve3643 Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:02 am

We are creeping up,keep up the good work everyone
steve3643
steve3643

Back to top Go down

Post  premington Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Clif and others,

Do you have any plans to have info stored on the visa process and information that would help others who are going through everything involved in getting their loved on to their country? I know all this information was lost on the old forum and it would be a great help to others.

Hu Yue (my wife) is going to have to renew her conditional residency in a few months and I need to do research in what we need to do. I'd be happy to share what we'll be going through and if anyone who has been through the process can share their knowledge, if would certainly help us.

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Paul, that is one of the main reasons I started the site. I already have some posted and am working hard and invite others to post anything they have that will help others in the process.

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

new/old members Empty Member Count

Post  premington Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Hey Clif... How many members do you have signed up now? It might take a while to get the old members over and new ones to arrive through the result of Web searches. Hopefully we'll slowly get a nice core of people communicating.

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:37 pm

According to the count on the home page, we have 15 members.

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

new/old members Empty new/old members

Post  docmyster Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Make that 16 now. I just joined. I hope this one turns out to be much better than previous.

I will go by Snyder, my legal first name, instead of Doc, since that seems to still cause confusion to some members that I might be the other Doc that is not well-liked by some. Whomever he may be.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Welcome Snyder, and any name you want to use is fine with me. It is great to have you here with us.

Clif

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  docmyster Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks Clif!

Snyder is probably better anyway, since in China Shu, her family and my customers like that better and is easier for them to pronounce than Doc.

Looking forward to seeing how this forum works out.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

new/old members Empty pooonoonnnsiation

Post  Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:08 am

CCCCHNEIEDER

A Chinese in common and in particular has very hard to pronounce an S
I see it very hard that Doc wouldn't be easier than Snyder
The difficulties for Chinese occure at L,R and S

Serious

Back to top Go down

new/old members Empty Pronouncing my name

Post  docmyster Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Serious,

Actually, Chinese say Dog instead of Doc. My name is not Schneider, it is Snyder as in Snider. The pinyin translation is Sa nai de (Sa nai duh). Also, Chinese do not have a problem with the "Ch" sound because I have a colleague that works with me and his last name is Schneider. His pinyin tranlsation is the same as mine.

Letter "Q" has a "Ch" sound, not "Kee U" as most people think. That is why Snyder or Schneider is not difficult for Chinese to pronounce. If you ever seen the word in pinyin, "Qi", pronounced "Chee". Get it!?

Now enough said on my name. Last forum, there were one or two members that did nothing but make fun of some members names and/or profile names. Let's not start that over again. I do not think Clif intended this forum to be as the previous one.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  premington Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:57 am

My wife has no problem with your name, Doc (or Snyder). She has no trouble with "s" or the "c" in Doc, although I'm sure some would. Probably depends where you're from and what the local language is.

My wife struggles with "L" although she's pretty good with "r". I noticed she calls me "honey" a lot and I think it's because she has a problem with the "l" in "Paul". Laughing

-Puar <grin>
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

new/old members Empty My name

Post  docmyster Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Hey Paul,

I only have one friend in Shenzhen that can pronounce Doc correctly, and yes, I think it depends on the region a person is from.

Shu only says Sa nai de, when she loses me in a crowd. Otherwise, it's always Lao gong or Darling!

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  premington Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Yeah... I think you're right, Snyder... It probably has to do with where they're from.

What is "sa nai de". Do you mean "qin ai de" ("honey")? Or maybe it's "san ai de"?

My Chinese is very bad, so you can probably teach me a new phrase! Wink

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:24 pm

I think it is her way of saying Snyder... squint and mumble, you will see what I mean.

No matter what I do, Clif is always and forever "Clifu" and my last name is Da vai sort of like Da veee, with no long e...

Clif
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

new/old members Empty My name

Post  docmyster Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Paul,

My name Snyder, when translated in Chinese, the pinyin pronounciation is Sa nai de, as in Sah Nigh Duh. This is the best I can do to explain. Go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Type in Snider, then ask your wife to read the Chinese characters to you and ask her to then spell it for you in pinyin. Then, I think you will understand. You can do the same for your name. It is fun to do. You would be amazed on how many names are not pron ounced the same as in English or language the name is from.

If you want to learn Chinese, try going to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or go to mhprofessional.com (It's McGraw-Hill's website) or you the bookstore or buy Rosetta Stone CDs.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum