Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I bought a new phone last week and I have a question about it.

2 posters

Go down

I bought a new phone last week and I have a question about it. Empty I bought a new phone last week and I have a question about it.

Post  danny Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:50 am

Dell had a sale on cellphones. I bought a new Nokia X3 for 100 USD. It came unlock and has a 2 gb memory card. A major reason bought it was that I want to load some Chinese language CD's into it's media player section.

I got the language CD's load into my computer and also onto two thumb drives. All this downloading is rather new to me. Intially I download (rip) the info to the computer via Media Player but all the lessons and info was jumble all up ( out of order). I figured out how to make a playlist. I got things into order by lessons and then downloaded it onto one of my thumbdrive (in WMA format???). I tried to load (by syncing them) the info to my cell phone but it doesn't seem to take . I tried to download it to my other cell phone ( a HTC window based phone) as well. That didn't work either. Any ideas on what I should be looking at to fix my problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

I bought a new phone last week and I have a question about it. Empty Re: I bought a new phone last week and I have a question about it.

Post  Casprd Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Make sure that the phone can handle WMA format files. Generally non-apple phones recognize mp3 formats. I've never tried to load WMA to a phone so I'm n ot sure if that is an issue or not.

Casprd

Back to top Go down

I bought a new phone last week and I have a question about it. Empty Re: I bought a new phone last week and I have a question about it.

Post  danny Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:19 am

I checked and the phone does handle WMA format files. I couldn't seem to be able to download files to the phone . That is until after I downloaded Nokia's Ovi media player to my computer. I then transferred my music file from my computer to the Ovi media player on my computer. I then downloaded the files from the media player to the Nokia phone. I created some playlist and now I have the lessons on my Nokia phone. Thanks for the advice. When I get a chance I am going to see if I can get the lesson on my HTC tilt phone.

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:06 am

Well I finally got the lessons loaded on to my HTC tilt 2. One the problems that I was having was that I was trying to transfer the info thru software and by syncing the two devices. What I found was that it was easier to view the files on the computer and on the phone in different windows and then to "drag" them from the computer to the phone. Not an eloquent method but it worked for me. Thanks again for the advice , Brian.

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down