Clif's Nanning-Guangxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCP Membership question at Consulate

+4
danny
Danming
Bob S
Casprd
8 posters

Go down

CCP Membership question at Consulate Empty CCP Membership question at Consulate

Post  Casprd Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Since nothing is happening with the packet at the CSC, I had to come up with something new to stress about. Reading some reviews of the consulate in Guangzhou and in quite a few of these, the benificiary was asked if they are a member of the CCP. I'm assuming they are asking this for a reason, but would this really cause an issue with getting approved?

Casprd

Back to top Go down

CCP Membership question at Consulate Empty Re: CCP Membership question at Consulate

Post  Bob S Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Patience my friend quit stressing out Very Happy I'm in the same boat as you!

Bob S.
Bob S
Bob S

Back to top Go down

CCP Membership question at Consulate Empty Re: CCP Membership question at Consulate

Post  Danming Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 pm

My uncle was refused entry into the USA because he was a former member of the CCF in Canada. The former CCF here is now called the New Democratic party...... I have been asked at the border too.....seems if you are a member of the CCP then your application will be automatically denied........and that is a valid concern too.....since most government workers in China are members of the CCP.....not wanting to make this political but just raise a flag and suggest a reason for denial of immigration......Yuping was never asked for her party affiliation....however she cannot vote until she becomes a citizen.....which is unlikely.
Danming
Danming

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprd Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:21 pm

hehe I know Bob. I'll be ok until the end of september then I'll be a basket case until NOA2 comes through.

I don't know why the ccp membership is an issue, but Xiaoming isn't. Her parents were since her dad was a city official, but I think it's not that uncommon for the previous generation to be members. Her brother is also because he is a police officer, but they don't seem to ask about relatives so all should be good with that.

Casprd

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Brian, Has the question come up yet on the application or are you looking forward to a different phase of the application process? I am only guessing but if Xiaoming was not a member it probably not that big a deal unless perhaps the parents are at the top of the member's list. From what I have read in the past I think most have said not to hide the fact but it is not neccessary to bring it up unless she is asked.. Also perhaps it would be a good idea if the question does come that you all have a good plausible truthful explanation. Perhaps such as that was the way things were done in the past and now the younger generation now can choose to join or not. Just my opinion.

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallatin Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:51 pm

occassionally women are asked if they are a member of the communist party at the interivew. the answer is no and do not volunteer any info about family being members and there will not be a problem. "g"

Gallatin

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprd Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:18 pm

No the question hadn't come up on any form, but as G said, it is sometimes asked at the interview. That was my plan G. If the attorney doesn't mention this then I will be sure to tell Xiaoming when I'm coaching her for the interview.

Casprd

Back to top Go down

Post  premington Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Hey... Great to see "g" on board! This is starting to feel like our old home... But in a different way. Laughing

Yes, definitely, from how I understand it, there are a few things you need to know. First, if asked if she's a member of the ccp, say, "No." If she says yes, she will be denied. If denied, she needs to formally file to be removed as a member of the party, then she should take this paperwork back and show "them" that she is no longer a member. If she is a member and she lies, she can kiss the visa goodbye. If she's a member and she says yes, she'll be denied and she should go back and do what I just said.

This is how things were explained to Hu Yue before her interview by her Chinese paralegal and also her translator (seperately... Both their information agreed). Hu Yue was never a member of the ccp, but she did know others who were. How they filed to be removed from the party and with whom, we have no idea. I'm sure Roger Lin would know. If your wife/fiance is a member, she should file to be removed before going for her interview.

Hope this helps...

-Paul & Hu Yue
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Paul, I had read you reply a couple of days days ago and I wasn't sure of your rational. I read it more carefully today and see the logic in it. In most ways it mades a lot of sense.

Ohmmm... I just did a CTRL "n" ( duplicate screen) and reread you answer. IMHO The 2 points that you make that seem to be the best advice are:

1. "....and she lies, she can kiss the visa goodbye."

2. " ....If your wife/fiance is a member, she should file to be removed before going for her interview."

Didn't the paralegal suggest if she is a present member to say no? That would violate # 1 listed above, don't you agree? I would prefer to follow your advice listed in #2. It seem to be the best way of avoiding issues. Please understand I am not an expert ( not even close) just trying to understand things better.

Danny

PS, I wonder why it is so important to know if one is a member of the CCP, in today's time. 30 years ago...yes. Today...? Do they advocate a violent overthrow of the government? These are strange times. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Casprd Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Fortunately Xiaoming isn't a member, but like you Danny, I'm not sure why it should be an issue. If she were some high ranking member of the party then I could kind of understand, but I think we would have had issues getting married in that case (just a guess). I wonder if they ask the same questions of people in eastern block countries.

Casprd

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallatin Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:56 pm

an acquantance of mine married a lady from the Ukraine a couple of years ago and she was ask if she was or had been a member of the Communist party. i think the querstion is rarely ask these day of Chinese women. I wouldnt spend alot of time worrying about it. "g'

Gallatin

Back to top Go down

Post  premington Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi Danny... Yes, you pointed out something I didn't think about until after I posted my reply. I noticed I said that Xiaoming should should say "no", then later said if she was a member, not to say "no". I assumed she wasn't a member of the CCP, so I suggested she just say no. The other statement was for others who might read it, if they ARE a member, DON'T say no.

Hu Yue's paralegal pointed out to her that the *possiblity* exists that 1) they will ask about CCP membership and 2) they will already know if she is or isn't a member before asking. This is a test for truthfulness, which is why someone should never lie. I think others are right in that, it's rarely asked, but I don't know. It was 2-1/2 years ago since Hu Yue interviewed and I really don't know what is standard practice, unfortunately (does anyone?).

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

CCP Membership question at Consulate Empty CCP Membership Question at Consulate

Post  docmyster Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:52 am

Although not related to the specific topic, I wanted to share with you all what I had experienced with the US Consulate General office in Shenyang, Liaoning province.

I had completed the Marriageability Affidavit that I downloaded from the US Embassy website in China. This document is 3 - 4 pages long and asks questions pertaining to the fiance, such as where born and registered residence, date of birth, previous marriage (if any), former spouse name, date of birth and residence. Where and when married and/or divorced. ID number of fiance.

I bring the form with me and present it to one of the clerks, who then tells me I have an old form and gave me the new one. Now only one page. She said they no longer require the extensive detail information of the fiance, except name, date of birth and registered residence.

This indicates to me, they may be easing up on the background information process.

I met 4 other USA expats doing the same I was doing, though each had told me they chose to deal with the consulate in Shenyang because Beijing and Guangzhou consulates were difficult to work with and always wanted you to reschedule your appointments each time you had your paperwork rejected and do over. While I was at the Shenyang consulate there were 2 guys that had their paperwork rejected and were given new forms to complete and told to go to the American Citizens Services waiting room and complete the forms correctly, then return to the clerk to get a number to wait to be called back after the documents were reivewed again. They were not charged new fees.

2 other expats I met told me it takes 6 months to get the US Resident card for your wife if you are living in China or at least stay in China 8 months or longer and do all the paperwork while in China, instead of by mail from the USA. They highly recommended doing everything thru the Shenyang consulate. Plus, you do not have to re-marry in the USA because they recognize your marriage in China, as long as you are living in China. These 2 guys told me they spent about $800 on processing fees, plus travel to Shenyang and hotel expenses. They only made 3 trips. Initial application, interviews and final approval.

I asked when did they do their paperwork. One replied, 4 years ago, the other said in 2009. Each did not use a lawyer because the Shenyang consulate personnel and Consulate Officer provided assistance and guidance.

I think this is something worth considering for anyone that can afford to stay long enough to get the process done. Since I will be relocating next year to China, then it is obvious I will apply for Shu's USA Resident card thru the Shenyang consulate office.

Snyder
docmyster
docmyster

Back to top Go down

Post  danny Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:12 am

Paul, you said in your reply:

"This is a test for truthfulness, which is why someone should never lie." That is what I wanted to make clear. I don't know if the question is meant to be a trick question or not. I am not even sure if they will already now the answer but I do believe if they do find out that one is lying then the chances are very slim that the visa application will be approved. I believe it is better to anticipate the question and have a good truthfully reply. Probably, preferably: NO. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks for replying.

Danny

danny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dieselrat6 Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:26 am

Danny
Thanks for THAT reply!!...The Truth is ALWAYS the Truth!!!...Can NEVER be twisted no matter your wishful thinking

For 58 years now I have NEVER had the need to lie and if the situation should arise I'd say Take a Hike...perhaps??...I'll see you in a later life???

BTW...this is just another example of what the "Great Wall" doesn't want to see!!!referring to the 3rd and the 16th letter in the alphabet

Dieselrat6

Back to top Go down

Post  premington Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:03 am

Danny,

Yup... That's exactly what we understand also. We suspected it was a test question also. Bottom line to anyone reading this, if your fiance *is* a member of the CCP, fill out the proper paperwork to relinquish membership before going to the interview. Bring the supporting paperwork to the interview and be prepared to answer no truthfully and show the paperwork as proof only if asked. If not asked, don't offer. In fact, from what we learned going through the interview already, don't offer any information at all unless directly asked.

Lastly, it's a good idea to have a paralegal or lawyer for your finance to prepare with prior to going to the interview. This is how my fiance learned about all this as well as practice questions and other issues related to the interview. It helped set her more at ease while waiting for her time up to the window for her interview.

Good luck everyone! Very Happy

-Paul
premington
premington

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down